Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 2- Bonus!

I am finding out that there may be a bonus to going milk-free.  I can't eat doughnuts.  Ditto for cookies and cake.  This is all stuff I have tried to cut out in the past, but have not had the will power.  But I can honestly say that in just 2 days, I can already feel a difference.  If my problems really are caused by an allergy or sensitivity to milk, I don't want to go back to being as miserable as I have been for the past year or more, when my stomache problems started.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay on track to eliminate the milk, and as an added bonus lose some weight.

What I ate today:

Breakfast- fried egg sandwich (white bread, 2 eggs, mayo), almond milk
Lunch- Ruby Tuesday salad bar (lettuce, tomatoes, edumame, peas, eggs, beets, ham, grapes, croutons, sunflower seeds) w/ honey mustard dressing, ham & pea pasta salad
Snack- peanut butter foldover on white bread
Dinner- Publix apron meals chicken tender fried rice (w/o the stir-fry sauce), almond milk
Dessert- Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge dairy-free dessert, Hershey's chocolate syrup, Diet Dew

I'm not 100% sure about the milk content of the pasta salad, but I doubt there is any milk in it.  There is also a possibility that the chicken in the fried rice, which came from the Publix deli, was dipped in milk.  We'll see if there is any reaction. 

Another good day.  I know they won't all be this easy, but I am glad that these early days have been.  It gives me hope that I can do this for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment