Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Good Night (Day .5)

I started this little experiment at dinner last night.  That is to say that last night's dinner was the first meal I had which was consciously milk-free.  Of course, I had not really done any research so it is entirely possible that some milk was there, but it was a start.  My father's specialty, beans-and-weenies, and green beans.  Actually, I know there was some milk, because there was margarine on the beans, and according to the label, there was whey in it.  But it was just the start.  I kind of jumped into this with both feet, so we were kind of going with that we had on hand.

I made my first dairy-free find last night!  I picked up a pint of Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert.  Expensive, but oh-so-good!  And I'm glad.  It gives me hope that I can do this without feeling like I am depriving myself of good stuff. 

I think I might actually be able to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment